Think boys' haircuts are all boring and simple? Think again! Some of the coolest boys' haircuts are making the scene in schools everywhere right now. Is your kiddo searching for a new look?
Check out some of these awesome styles:
- The Mohawk. This rock 'n' roll classic has found its way to the newest generation of trendsetters, but before you rule it out for its unruly image, keep in mind that it's been modernized. When the hair is short and clean on the sides and long on the top, it can easily be combed to the side to make it appropriate for weekday activities such as school. When the weekends and evenings roll around, a little bit of product can give it that punky edge that your young man is pining for. It's much more of the versatile variety than many people realize at first thought. Not quite sure about long locks on your kid's crown? Consider the Mohawk's shorter, more conservative cousin: The Faux Hawk.
- Harry Styles Hair. There was a time when naturally wavy hair with full body was a boy's worst nightmare, but these days, thick locks are getting lots of love. With Harry Styles Hair,shaggy bedhead takes perfect shape with little to no effort at all. This look is perfect for otherwise hard-to-style hair because it enhances the naturally messy tresses with intention. For softer strands, you can leave this look natural. It's easy to get more controlled volumewith just a little bit of mousse.
- Justin Bieber's Pompadour. Love him or hate him, Justin Bieber knows how to make headlines, and sometimes those titles start from the top, down. Bieber's pompadour is one of the most popular boys' haircuts right now, and although it takes a bit more work than some of the alternatives, the outcome exceeds many style expectations. Since this cut takes some effort, you'll want to make sure you allot some extra time before you head out the door to get it looking right, and you'll want to have some pomade on hand. After all, pomade is a pompadour's best friend.
- Zac Effron's Short Spikes. Longer locks are a popular trend, but there are some celebrities sport short styles perfectly. Zac Effron is a model example for trendy tresses that stay on the shorter side. To get the spikes to stand up on their own, this cut tends to do best with a little bit of effort, too, but your little guy can get by with much less time in front of the mirror than the longer alternatives. Hair gel with a strong hold will keep the pieces in place, and pastes can help finalize the look with texture and definition.
- Buzz Cut. Although it stems from a place of uniformity, when it comes to boys' haircuts, buzz cuts have big personality without morning maintenance.
At Shaggin' Salon, our team of stylists is always excited to try their hands at the latest boys' haircuts. Contact us to make an appointment today!