Whether you're in the transition phase of growing out your locks, or you just love the look of hair settling onto your shoulders, there are some shoulder length hairstyles that are sure to make heads turn.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Long and Short of It. Celebs like Claire Dane rock a combination of short and long layers quite well. Longer layers create texture throughout the body of the hair while shorter face-framing pieces allow for the versatility of elegant or every day wear.
- Blunt and Bold Bob. Opposite of layers is the blunt bob. This is one of those shoulder length hairstyles that looks great with any color, including your natural shade. Make it sophisticated by blowdrying it under or wear a playful look by flipping it out. Blunt bangs are a great tree-topper to this cut, but if you're not ready to take a big style plunge, you can always add those another day. Gwen Stefani's golden locks are a perfect example of a blunt and bold bob.
- Tina Turner-Inspired Tresses. Wavy-haired girls often feel like they have less options, but there are plenty of amazing shoulder length hairstyles for girls with waves. Rihanna made waves with her Tina Turner-inspired tresses that take color from dark to blonde as the waves work their way to her shoulders.
- Shag to the Shoulders. Shag hairstyles come and go so often that they're never really out of style. Martina McBride shows off her sleek strands with a choppy shag that complements healthy hair beautifully. The longest layers lay upon her shoulders while short and choppy locks thin out hair that's too thick and create body where it should be. Side-swept bangs are a great accompaniment to this look.
- Elegant Updo. Think shoulder length hairstyles can't incorporate elegant updos? Think again! Milla Jovovich showed off her shoulder length strands at the Golden Globes by sweeping her locks to one side. A deep part, coupled with loose waves and some creative bobby pinning, makes a magnificent formal hair fashion for gals sporting mid-length locks.
- Easy and Breezy. Create easy and breezy beach-inspired hair by adding some golden or caramel highlights. The layers are long throughout the cut, and minimal maintenance is required to make this style look exceptional. Jennifer Aniston's been known for her hairstyles since we first became "Friends", and she's still going strong with stylish strands.
- Simple and Sophisticated. Some of the most luscious looks require far less work that you might think. Rachel McAdams's mid-length look ups the ante when it comes to stunning style. The focal point in this look starts with the bangs, which are blown dry with a large round brush and swept to the side to create a sweet, yet sensual, image.
Show us your favorite shoulder length hairstyles at our Shaggin Salon Facebook page!
Looking for some shoulder length hairstyles that will work well with your locks? Make an appointment at Shaggin Salon, and let our professionals help you through the process!